Your shopping cart is empty.
May 22, 2022
5 Ways Art Helps With Mental Health
1. Art can help with depression by allowing you to express whatever stuck emotions or psychological distress you may be experiencing. Art can also help you cure loneliness by engaging with your community and being more social. For example, just by going to an art workshop or creating art to share with others, you have now made a connection.
2. Art also helps with trauma. When words cannot express your trauma, you may turn to art to release or soothe some of the pain. Trauma, particularly in the form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can be very difficult to explain with words. Sometimes, there are no words. By engaging in artistic disciplines like photography, painting or even dancing you present an avenue for the trauma to leave your body and mind.
3. Art can also help you find meaning in your life. For those who struggle to find anything to be proud of or a sense of direction, art may provide one. This may boost your self-esteem overall. It also allows you to feel focused and in the moment and not necessarily on what is bothering you in your everyday life. Art is a great way to self-discovery and self-awareness.
4. Stress can play a big negative role in someone's life when it becomes overwhelming. Living such busy lives filled with responsibilities can take a toll. We may find ourselves not being able to relax, filled with anxiety and burned out. Trauma in itself adds layers of stress, but just being "too busy" does as well. Take some time to wind down and calm down through art or even enlist an art therapist.
5. Lastly, there is a chemical known as dopamine that is important for us to feel good or enjoy pleasure. Drugs, alcohol, sex, pornography and sweets help stimulate this hormone. The problem with those ways is that they can quickly become addictive and destructive to your health. Art can help stimulate this chemical naturally, which will then reduce your stress and anxiety. I personally do like to live on the edge from time to time but it has downsides. No one is perfect and we may all fall into bad habits, but don't forget art is always there as a resource.
Shop Healing Fine Art here: https://www.mccelanphotography.com
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this business has provided a returns & exchanges policy for all art purchases.
All returns and policies can be read here: https://www.mccleanphotography.com/faq
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
All work to include canvas, acrylic, metal, wood and photographic paper is created and printed on demand by high-quality print shop. More information here: https://www.mccelanphotography.com/faq
Stay connected to receive discounts and updates! 20% off first purchase!
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
This means you can use the camera on your phone or tablet and superimpose any piece of art onto a wall inside of your home or business.
To use this feature, Just look for the "Live Preview AR" button when viewing any piece of art on this website!